CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Meet The Teacher


So...a little about me. I am a brand new teacher just out of school. When I tell my parents I am only 23 their mouths drop! I recently married my Best Friend this past July in the most amazing place....Santa Cruz (it is where we met).


Just to let you know how crazy my life has been this year..I am going to give you a little breakdown:
        June 2010: Graduated with a Masters in Digital Teaching and Learning from Azusa Pacific University...Go Cougars!
July 2010: Get married in Santa Cruz
Go to Costa Rice
While on my Honeymoon get a call about an interview
One Week of being back from our honeymoon I get the job and must move away from my husband for a month
August 2010: Start my first teaching job in my home town
September 2010: Husband finally moves to be with me
Our home is in the process of being remodled
November: Finally move into our home but we have no kitchen :(
February: My life is finally normal and my house is FINISHED!!!
Q: What would you be doing if you weren't teaching?A: I am not sure...since I could remember, I have always wanted to be a teacher. If not teaching then still working with students but probably in a camp setting. 
Q: What are your hobbies?
A: I really enjoy decorating and because I just moved into my new home, my current hobby is decorating my house!
Q:When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A: I have always wanted to be a teacher but for a little while I was obsessed with the weather so I thought I wanted to be a meteorologist.     
Q:What are your guilty pleasures?
A: I love goldfish...I have them hidden in my classroom! I also have to have a Sugar-Free Vanilla Latte almost everyday (it doesn't help that my husband manages a starbucks). I also love to shop...I think I look at J.Crew.com almost 4 times a week, even though I know it doesn't change that much.
Q: When your on Vacation, where do you like to go?
A: SANTA CRUZ....it holds a special place in my heart and I could never get enough Peet's Coffee with Erik's Deli!!!
Q: What is the best advice you ever recieved?
A: To always do my best and to never let anyone tell me that I won't be able to achieve my goals in life.
Q:What do you value most in others?
A: I appreciate when people are real (honest). I like to get to know people for who they are, not what someone else has told them they are or should be. I believe knowing who you are and sharing that with others despite difference is important and is what makes this world interesting!
Q: If you could have lunch with anyone in the world living or dead....who would it be?
A: I would want to have lunch with my grandma so that I could share with her all that has happened in my life. Also Jesus....He is a pretty awesome guy!
Now it's your turn...Let me know a little bit about you and leave a comment. To Link with other teachers visit The First Grade Parade
         



17 comments:

TiffanyClark

I came across your blog from The First Grade Parade's Meet the Teacher and your blog is so cute! I am a second year teacher and am 23, the baby of the school, so I know how you feel! I was married in July of 2009, so we have a little bit in common! I'm excited to read more of your blog!

Cara Carroll

So glad I found your blog! I totally remember getting the evil eye from parents when I would tell them my age {when I first started teaching}. Dang. Congrats on your newly finished home! Exciting! And I'm seriously jealous that your husband manages a Starbuck's. YUM. Nice to "meet" you!

Cara :)
thefirstgradeparade.blogspot.com

Claire @ Completely Claire

So glad to "meet" you! I am excited to follow your blog! And I can so relate - I look like a baby, too!

Claire:0)
missknightskhronicles.blogspot.com

Mrs. Harris

I'd love to know more about your Digital Teaching degree. How interesting!!

www.adventuresofroom129.blogspot.com

Allison

Found your blog through Cara's Meet the Teacher. I'm the baby of my school too- I'm 22! We are currently remodeling our house, so 'meeting' someone who has done this and finished is like a beacon of hope..it seems like we may never get done! :)

kinderpond

Seriously, did you ever even sleep?

Glad you joined meet the teacher :)

Jennifer

Jenni

Found you through First Grade Parade, cute blog! Congrats on the new house and being a newlywed. I got married in July too!

Laura

cute stuff!
laura
laurasopenhouse.blogspot.com

Janae

Love it! I started teaching when I was 20. You should have seen the look on my parents’ faces!!! Glad I found your blog.

-Janae
www.msv1stgrade.blogspot.com

Emily

I found you over at the link party! I'm another first year teacher so it's nice to find another newbie :)

p.s. SUPER jealous your hubby manages a Sbux!

Rachelle

I just found your blog and I love it! Thank you for all of your ideas!!!!!!
-Rachelle
www.whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

KellyTeaches

When I first started teaching I was 22 for the whole year... I did not tell parents my age haha. Now I'll admit it because even though I'm still only 26, I've been teaching for 5 years so I feel like it's okay now.

I'm so glad I found your blog. For some reason I couldn't open your sight word document so I'm going to try it again later :)

Michelle

Love your blog! You are an awesome first year teacher. Cute stuff!

Unknown

You have had a busy year!
Great blog.

http://teachinghappilyeverafter.blogspot.com/

Ashley Wiele

KellyTeaches- Yes...I accidentally had my documents on private but I have changed them to share so go ahead and take a peek...I am going to be working on some digraph and double vowel games and once those are done I will be putting them up!

Anonymous

Nice to "meet" you! I am obsessed with J Crew too!

Amber
http://ilove1stgrade.blogspot.com/

Miss Kindergarten

Love your blog! I've been here before! I remember your HM activities that you made :)

Hadar

Post a Comment